AN IDEAL SITUATION IN AN IDEAL LOCATION
Not only do our solutions provide a secure, climate-controlled environment, our Kansas City facility is located at the center of the North/South and East/West corridors, in the geographic heart of the country.
Kansas City has several key components that make it an excellent hub for all transportation and logistics operations:
- Located at the intersection of three of the nation’s major interstate highways (I-35, I-70, I-29)
- The largest rail center in the United States by tonnage; the heart of a rail corridor spanning coast-to-coast across the U.S. and extending from Canada to Mexico (NAFTA Railway)
- Located on the largest navigable inland waterway (MO/MS River system)
- More Foreign Trade Zone space than any other U.S. city (over 10,000 acres)
A Foreign Trade Zone (FTZ) is a specific location within the United States, in or near a United States Customs Port of Entry, where foreign and domestic merchandise is generally considered to be in international commerce. Foreign or domestic merchandise may enter this location without a formal Customs entry and the payment of duties or excise taxes.
- Kansas City International Airport (MCI) moves more air cargo each year than any air center in a six-state region
How Does Our Location Benefit You?
Managing product logistics with your warehousing provider is an important part of the cost equation. Kansas City’s centralized location balances East/West and North/South transportation costs and, depending upon your business model, may provide overall logistics savings.
Our access to skilled, experienced workforce and an efficient cost-of-living means we also have the resources to provide everything from small to large-scale services – flexibly and effectively.